Top Five Weight Loss Tips You Won’t Stick To!
On my weight loss and diet adventuring, I have read, tried and failed with lots of advice and tips. I’ve put together a top 5 list of the advice that I am most unlikely to stick to.
So, here’s my countdown of weight loss losers:
- When eating out always choose the smallest portion size. Suppose that depends on who is paying for the meal. If it’s someone else then I’m probably gonna munch the biggest plateful of goodies I can find!
- Always offer to be the deso (designated driver for those that don’t that term). Once again, not one I’m likely to follow. Perhaps occasionally, when it’s my turn, but always? Give me a break!
- Break unhealthy food associations. An example would be that bowl of popcorn with the movie. Hmmm, could be achievable – if you were watching a movie on your own. The likelihood is that you’ll be surrounded on all sides by the smell of buttery popcorn and the crunch of those golden kernels just prior to melting in the mouths of the half dozen people around you….
- Variety is not the spice of life. Apparently studies have found that people eat more when offered a variety of choices, such as at a buffet. So, stick to the vol-au-vents! Oh, but vol-au-vents come in sooooo many varieties don’t they? Guess I’m onto a loser with that tip too.
- Write it all down. One tip is to write down everything you eat, everyday. This is so you know where those pounds are coming from. Obviously a tip from someone who does NOT have a busy job and 2 toddlers running around!
I hope you enjoyed my top 5 weight loss losers. Feel free to share with me any advice and/or tips you have had on your weight loss and dieting adventures – post them below and, between us, we can build it up to a top ten!